Job seeker visa - Germany
If you are interested in finding work in Germany, you may go to Germany on a job seeker visa. The Germany job seeker visa allows individuals to remain in Germany for a specific period of time and search for employment. But not everyone needs this type of visa to search for employment in Germany. You will find out the details in no time.
What is the Germany Job Seeker Visa?
The Germany job seeker visa is a type of long-term visa which entitles you to stay in Germany for up to six months and search for a job. However, not everyone is eligible for this type of visa, and to be granted one, certain requirements must be met.
The Germany job seeker visa requires its applicants to meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
- Be of adult age. You should be at least 18 to apply for this visa.
- Have an adequate qualification. You are required to have a Bachelor or Master’s degree from a German university or other equivalent foreign degree.
- Experience requirement. You should have a minimum of 5 years of work experience to be eligible for the Germany job seeker visa.
- Proof of financial stability. You should prove you can cover your expenses for the duration of your stay in Germany.
Documents Required :
- A duly completed German long stay visa application form.
- Your valid passport.
- Three passport style photos. The photos must be identical and be of high quality.
- Proof of accommodation in Germany during your job seeking period.
- Proof of purchased health insurance policy.
- A cover letter. Explain the objective of your visit, how you plan to find employment, and your alternative career plans if you cannot find a job.
- Proof of academic qualification. Diploma of your degree or any other proof of academic qualification from a German or non-German university. Attach any certificates of previous work experiences as well.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Proof of financial resources. This could be one of the following:
- bank statement,
- a letter of sponsorship by another person, a combination of both,
- or a blocked bank account.